Share this page
DEGXEL: CHOOSING AUSTRIAN EXCELLENCE!
4 Important Tips Before Buying an Infrared Electric Radiator:
1 | leading brand recognized in its field
Distributed in 18 countries our radiators are sign of reliability. More than 6500 customers. Discover some testimonials
2 | Make sure that you know the exact origin of the manufacturer’s country
For many years Austria has been a world leader in infrared heating. As a result, import companies (mostly Asian) are installing warehouses in Austria to raise doubts in the minds of consumers about the origin of radiators. The nameplate of the device located at the back attests the country of manufacture and the obtaining of the CE standard. Our radiators guarantee you the efficiency in consumption and the safety in use.
3 | Ask to be advised before your purchase
Nothing will ever replace the advice of proven professionals. Despite the availability of our online power calculator software, questions may still exist. For example, there is no need to oversize the power requirements. Do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email.
4 | Be aware of poor quality infrared radiators
This exercise is particularly difficult for the consumer. Indeed, at first glance, nothing looks more like a radiant infrared radiator than another infrared radiator! The following rules help you locate the quality:
- Limit heating flow from the rear of the radiator at all costs to optimize the heating efficiency. Only radiators with a specific high-density material can limit the heating flow towards the wall on which the radiator is attached. The aim being to return the radiation to the front of the device. Only radiators with a “housing” containing specific insulation are efficient. A simple way to sort is to ask for the weight of the radiator. The radiators which are too light (see our products sheets) have a simple aluminium film with no efficiency. This drastically reduces the performance of your radiator.
- The radiant material must not be a simple carbon film. This material sold per meter and inserted into the low-end radiators has an ultra-limited efficiency (sometimes only 10% infrared is emitted – so there is 90% convection). These are the so-called “radiant” radiators that are found on the shelf, in mass retail. The efficiency is then comparable to that of the old “toasters”. We use an alloy of copper and nickel whose properties enable to obtain a rapid and homogeneous diffusion of the temperature within the range of approximately 4 meters. These distances are impossible to reach with heating films. At 72%, the radiation rate of our radiators is at the European top. It has been calculated by an independent study of the University of Stuttgart (Germany) in 2019. If a manufacturer claims to produce a higher radiation rate, ask for the study that proves it. For information, the average rates currently on the market are of the order of 40 to 50%.
- It has always been easy to affirm the effectiveness of a product. But to prove it, that’s a different story… In 2019, the DEGXEL heaters were classified (by an independent engineering firm) the most economical heating solution over a period of 20 years. See the low consumption infrared heater.
- The surface temperature. The radiation power per unit area (emittance) being proportional to the square of the surface temperature, it is demonstrated that only radiators with a surface temperature of the order of 90° C have maximum and optimum efficiency. Reducing the temperature to 60° C irremediably reduces the efficiency of the radiator. Our radiators comply with all the most restrictive European standards and are safe, provided they are used as radiators.
- Only manufacturers can supply you with highly customized products. Our radiators are made to order and custom-built, within a deadline of up to 2 weeks. This guarantees a product that is 100% compliant with the latest standards in effect (and not for the distributors shelves…).
Rated as Excellent by our customers!
Get in touch
For any information, do not hesitate to contact our Customer service.